I am currently reading...

I am currently reading...

Monday, November 17, 2008

Faith

In reading "Loving God with all Your Mind," I came upon two wonderful quotes to ponder....

"The testimony of faith is that, no matter how things look in this fallen world, all God's acts are wrought in perfect wisdom." - A.W. Tozer

"Trustfulness is based on confidence in God whose ways I do not understand; if I did, there would be no need for trust." - Oswald Chambers

I especially love that second quote. Our relationship with God is based on faith. His ways are higher than ours. We cannot comprehend an infinite God, so we must trust. And it is a beautiful thing that brings peace to my heart.... knowing that I am small, and God is big.

1 comment:

  1. I love the encouraging quotes Amy!
    I love that second one too! What a great concept. What great truth, more like it...
    The fact of the matter is that freedom, comes with giving up, knowing God is Big enough. That is true freedom.

    ReplyDelete


Skagit Valley, Wa

Someday I'll have my own little Scotty Dog!